The following criteria must be met for Florida patients:
- Patients must be 21 years old or younger and diagnosed before their 18th birthday.
- All information submitted will be verified by authorized treating facility and personnel. Only applicants who have met all necessary requirements will be approved.
- Must be an oncology diagnosis.
Things to know before applying:
- Applications must be submitted by social worker from the facility where the pediatric cancer patient is being treated.
- Applications must be submitted through our livelikebella.org portal and will not be accepted by fax, phone or email.
- If you are a parent or family member and would like to fill out an application for a pediatric cancer patient, please contact the child’s social worker to submit an application on their behalf.
- Money won’t be distributed directly to a family. Expense will be paid directly to funeral home or cemetery holding the service with proper accompanying invoice/receipt.
- Floridian families can receive up to $10,000 of assistance that they can use towards memorial services.
We do not assist with:
- Non-oncology cases.
- Patients diagnosed at the age 21.
After Submission:Live Like Bella® will contact applicants within two business days and will provide a status of the request submitted. For emergency requests, please contact our Family Services Team at SupportPrograms@livelikebella.com. *The Live Like Bella® Childhood Cancer Foundation reserves the right to change these guidelines at any time without notice.
A special thank you to the Children’s Cancer Caring Center and Miami Dade County for helping us support Florida families!