The following criteria must be met for Florida patients:
- Patient must be 21 years old or younger and have been diagnosed before their 18th birthday.
- Patient must be currently in active treatment for childhood cancer.
- All information submitted will be verified by authorized treating facility and personnel. Only applicants who have met all necessary requirements will be approved.
- Must be an cancer diagnosis.
Things to know before applying:
- Applications must be submitted by a social worker from the facility where the child is being treated. (If you are a parent or family member please contact the child’s social worker to submit an application on their behalf.)
- Applications must be submitted through online at livelikebella.org. Applications won’t be accepted by fax, phone or email.
- Funds won’t be distributed directly to the family. Invoices will be paid directly to the provider – i.e. landlord, electric company, bank, etc. with proper accompanying invoice/receipt.
- Florida families may be eligible to receive additional assistance and will be notified upon approval of application.
- After the family has reached the maximum available funds, they will only be re-eligible for assistance 12 months after their last request.
- Please provide a minimum of 30 days before due dates ensure payments are processed in a timely manner.
- If the family is requesting assistance with rent, the following information must be emailed to us:
- Name of landlord, rental agent or company to make the check payable to.
- Amount of rent due.
- Mailing address to send check for rent.
- If a family is asking for assistance with bills, a clear copy of the statement must be uploaded through our portal. The bill must clearly show:
- The company’s name
- Account holder’s name
- Full account number
- Amount due
- Bill due date
- Phone number to call to make a payment
- Company mailing address
- Account holder’s date of birth
- Last 4 digits of account holder’s social
- If you are in need of travel assistance please submit all passenger and preferred flight information to our Family Services Team at SupportPrograms@LiveLikeBella.org and Live Like Bella® will handle the reservation.
We do not assist with:
- Any cases with a diagnosis other than childhood cancer.
- Patients diagnosed at the age 21.
Live Like Bella® will contact applicants within five business days and will provide a status of the request submitted.
*The Live Like Bella® Childhood Cancer Foundation reserves the right to change these guidelines at any time without notice.